“Blood is the only medication human cannot make… It comes from kind-hearted individual who wish to help save the lives of others”
CMGC successfully showed its life-saving spirit through the recently held 7th Annual Employee’s Bloodletting Program with the theme “1 PINT CAN SAVE 3 LIVES, GIVE BLOOD, GIVE LIFE”. Initiated by OSSHE Division in partnership with the Philippine Red Cross Gensan Chapter last June 17, 2016 Friday 9:00am-3:00pm at the 2nd floor New Admin Bldg. CMPHI Business Compound. 28 donors were able to successfully donate blood.
They are considered modern day heroes who wish to share their blood by spending 15 minutes of their time for others to live.In an interview with Mr. Shane Cueme (CMGC Nurse), he emphasized “WALA NI SIYA’Y PUGSANAY, Depende lang sa mga donors kung mag donate sila or dili. Ug naa pud instances na willing kaayo sila mag hatag ug dugo, pero dili sila qualified, kay bago sila mag donate, naa may screening process. E check if qualified sila or dili. Naa’y screening process arun ma secure nga safe ang dugo na ma-donate as well as to secure ang health condition sa willing volunteer/donor.” A regular donor Mr. Arnold Cullano (LBED-EI Crew) said”Para makatabang pud ko sa mga nanginahanglan, kay basi pud kung ako manginahanglan ug dugo, di naa tay pwede mapangayuan ug tabang ug daghan pud siya ug benefits labi na sa imuhang lawas” when asked what made him decide to donate blood regularly.
In contributing to this noble cause,the blood donor will get the following benefits in return:
- Altruistic Act and Boost self-confidence.
- Your donation can save up to 3 lives
- Regular Check-up
- Blood pressure and hemoglobin will be checked, a physician checks your health status.
- Looking after your heart
- Regular blood donation prevents iron build-up in the body including the heart. 80% of blood donors are less likely to have heart attack.
- A donation you can afford
- This is one way of making a difference in the community without going through great expense.
- The Blood Donors Card
- Color coded record according to blood type (A: Blue, B: Yellow, AB: Pink or Red, O: White) which serves as proof of your donation.
- It is transferable and can be withdrawn at any Red Cross Blood Service Facility across the country. A blood processing fee will be charged depending on the requested components or number of units required.
- If in case the donor himself becomes the patient the blood processing fee will be charged against the Red Cross Gensan Blood Service Facility.
The activity was successfully ended with a happy heart knowing that anytime from now, the blood donors could be instrumental in extending someone’s life.